How to Win Friends and Influence People is still the best book you can buy here in Central Ohio that will lead you to both personal and professional success. Every time you pick it up, you get a little different slant of what it takes to improve the business and the people in it.
In Six Ways to Make People Like You (Part Two), A Simple Way to Make a Good First Impression (Chapter 2) gives great insight into interpersonal success. First impression is indeed everything. Here are seven highlights of the incredibly valuable chapter:
- It is in your face: A smile is a powerful signal that you enjoy people. Charm and likeability blend with professional prowess to help in every interaction.
- Action speaks louder than words: Do as you promise and always over deliver in every area of relationship.
- Sincerity: People see this right away. Fake is never hidden. Always be yourself.
- Have fun in life: We all know that life has its ups and downs. But looking for fun in every aspect of it, especially in work, just makes it a little better.
- STOP being critical: We know the dog next store barks up a storm or that guy on the second floor is never on time with anything. Look at things with a positive slant and it becomes a little easier to deal with life’s issues.
- Positive mental attitude: Being cheerful and upbeat will draw people to you in every situation.
- Create happiness: The transfer of joy to others is one of the greatest gifts humans have when they are with others. Being an agent of happiness is very important.
Doing the right things right is a simple strategy for success. Paying attention to others and doing it in a positive way makes everyone better.
This post is brought to you by the great folks at Dale Carnegie Training of Central Ohio, providers of professional development, leadership, sales, and management training. We would like you to connect with us:
Twitter – https://twitter.com/CarnegieOhio
Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/carnegieohio/
Youtube – http://www.youtube.com/dalecarnegieohio